Chemistry Tutor | An Interview with Gillian Theodoris, This Weeks Featured #tutorsofLGT
As part of our #tutorsofLGT campaign, this week we are featuring one of LGT‘s top Chemistry Tutors, Gillian Theodoris. As a Platinum Chemistry tutor, she has conducted well over 50 hours worth of private tutoring and has earned her spot as one of LGT’s most active Tutors of 2018.
Our aim behind the #tutorsofLGT campaign is to give light to to some of LGT Tutoring’s most dedicated and experienced tutors. In answering some of these questions and sharing their stories, we hope it will not only inspire our students, but also tutors who are just starting out.
We asked Gillian some questions and here is what she had to say!
1. Out of all the tutoring you have done, what moment stood out to you the most?
“The moments that stand out to me the most are when you can visibly see your student improving, it makes all the hard work that both of you put in seem worth it!”
2. If you go back and advise your younger self to do anything different while studying, what would it be and why?
“I would tell my younger self to just focus on the work that is in front of me and not to get too worked up or overwhelmed about the bigger picture (for example the ATAR) as it can take away time from doing your best in that moment.”
3. With over 50 hours of tutoring experience, what advice would you have for other tutors?
“I would advise other tutors to tailor their methods to each different student they have; everyone learns differently and even though it may take a few sessions to understand how your student learns, it’ll help both of you in the long run!”
On behalf of LGT Tutoring, we want to thank Gillian for answering those questions and all her continuous hard work.
- To search for a Chemistry tutor, click here
- To search for any other subjects, click here
- For the 2018 Chemistry study design, click here
- For VCAA Chemistry practice exams, click here